As the nation grapples with economic challenges, smaller organisations, in particular, seem to be lowering their guard, making them more vulnerable.
Such statistics underscore the ever-present and evolving threat of cyberattacks. But rather than succumb to fear, it’s crucial for businesses and individuals to be proactive, informed, and prepared. Here are some essential tips to help protect your business against todays threats.
No.1 – Regularly Update Software and Systems:
Cybercriminals often exploit vulnerabilities in outdated software. Ensure all your software, including your operating system and applications, are updated regularly. Enable automatic updates when possible.
No.2 – Implement Strong Password Policies:
The declining use of password policies is a concerning trend. Ensure that you’re using strong, unique passwords for each of your accounts and change them regularly. Consider using a password manager to keep track of your passwords.
No.3 – Educate and Train Your Staff:
It’s essential that everyone in your organisations understands the importance of cybersecurity. Regularly conduct training sessions to keep them updated about the latest threats and the best practices to counter them.
No.4 – Backup Your Data:
Always have backup copies of critical business data. Whether it’s cloud backups or external hard drives, ensure your data is secure and easily retrievable in case of a cyber breach.
No.5 – Restrict Admin Rights:
Not everyone in your organisation needs access to all information. Only provide administrative rights to trusted and essential personnel.
No.6 – Invest in Reliable Security Software:
Use comprehensive security software that offers real-time protection against malware, ransomware, and phishing attacks.
No.7 – Stay Informed:
Cyber threats are ever-evolving. Regularly seek information or guidance on cybersecurity from reputable sources and be aware of the latest threats.
No.8 – Consider Cyber Insurance:
With the increasing risks, it might be worth investing in cyber insurance to protect your organisation from potential financial setbacks resulting from cyber incidents.
No.9 – Review Supplier Risks:
Always review the cybersecurity measures of your suppliers. A breach in their systems could potentially affect yours if they have access to your network or data.
No.10 – Develop a Cyber Incident Response Plan:
Should the worst happen, you need to know how to respond. Develop a clear plan that outlines the steps to take in the event of a cyber breach. Regularly review and update this plan.
While the statistics might be alarming, with informed action and the right tools, you can significantly mitigate your risk. As the cyber storm rages on in the UK, ensuring that you’re well-equipped and fortified is not just an option—it’s a necessity.
Express IT: Navigating Tomorrow’s Challenges Today – A Message From Adam
While understanding and navigating the complexities of cybersecurity can be daunting, there’s no need to brave these storms alone. Enter Express IT. Rooted in local community values, Express IT stands as a testament to resilience and growth, especially when it comes to technology.
Our pledge is simple yet profound: your business’s growth through technology is our mission. With Express IT by your side:
- Expertise is Just a Call Away: Whether it’s updating software, implementing strong password policies, or crafting a foolproof cyber incident response plan, our knowledgeable team is ever-ready to guide and assist.
- Pioneering Solutions for Modern Problems: The story of Express IT, particularly our founder Adam’s journey, exemplifies innovation and adaptation. The same spirit drives our solutions tailored for your unique IT needs.
- Beyond Tech Support – A Partnership: Myself and the team know the profound difference dedicated, proactive support can make. Just like we transformed systems for a Signage Firm in Haydock, ensuring two uninterrupted years of smooth operation, we aim to do the same for you.
- Staying Ahead with Continuous Learning: The IT landscape evolves rapidly. Express IT not only keeps pace but also ensures our partners do. From FMCG to Manufacturing sectors, our experience is broad, ensuring a vast knowledge pool to tap into.
- So, as I emphasise the importance of being proactive in cybersecurity, remember that with Express IT, you have a partner who understands the terrain and possesses the tools to make your digital journey secure and efficient.
Looking to beef up your cyber security?
Let Express guide you through the storm, ensuring a safer digital journey.
Get in touch with us today!
Statistic Source: gov.uk: Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2023